Subject: SLC netboot problem
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: George Tsilikas <archiver@db.geocrawler.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/06/2000 06:12:53
This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "George Tsilikas" <gtsili@essex.ac.uk>
Be sure to reply to that address.

I have an old SLC sparc and I want to install
<ANY> unix-like operating system on it. I have
started with RedHat Linux but the netboot failed
because of a problem with the frame buffer.
Just today I tried to install NetBSD 1.4.1 and the
netboot failes because of a problem with NetBSD
1.4.X that believes that there is a floppy drive
and panics. I have read a numerous e-mails from
people with the same problem in both SLC & ELC and
I also found a patch to fix that problem (of
course I don't have NetBSD pre-installed to make a
new kernel).

Can somebody PLEASE send me an e-mail telling me
how to find a kernel with the floppy support
disabled?

PS Please reply to gtsili@essex.ac.uk because I am
not in the list.

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive