Subject: Re: 4/330 serial console probs
To: Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/29/2000 10:08:01
<sorry about the empty message, fumbled up with an unknown mail client:)>

Quoting Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>:

> > So, how can I interrupt the diags (they take forever) and what\\\'s wrong ?
>
> You can probably interrupt by sending a break.

Didn\'t work, now I probably have three choices:
1. Don\'t turn the machine off
2. Wait a long time when turning it on
3. Do some surgery on the NVRAM

I think I\'ll opt for #2:)

Anyway, the netinstall went really well and now I have a running
system with esp and si. There was one problem with the install.sh
script in the part where it\'s looking for disks to install to.
It tries to read /kern/msgbuf which I hadn\'t specified in /etc/fstab
so I just typed:
#mkdir /kern
#dmesg >/kern/msgbuf

Anyway, thanks for the tips and for a great system!
Too bad my SO doesn\'t like the noise:)

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi