Subject: NetBSD on a Meiko CS-2?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Nate 'Dr. Octagon' Gelbard <gelbardn@grawk.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/28/2000 20:01:22
Greetings,

We have recently purchased a Meiko CS-2 transputer from an
OSU auction. more info is here http://www.grawk.net/~gelbardn/shark
but its basically an array of 16 sparc-10 2-proc machines.

The management node is a dual TMS-390z55 w/ 32mb of ram, and a cgsix.
It boots into OpenProm v2.8.128. A 1 gig scsi HD is attached via
the an NCR sbus scsi controller.

The other nodes (vector nodes) are basically the same machine, but
w/ 2 extra vector Fujitsu uMP vector processors. From the serial console,

*** HyperSPARC Vindaloo Vrom 4.1 [08-Dec-93] ***

?           candis      dlfile      dlstat      dm          ecc
echo        fakedl      go          led         mprobe      peek
pil         poke        port        quit        reset       sidsum
tm version

It seems that I can dlfile via the serial connection, and 'go' to
jump to 0x000000000

Would the kernel be the file i should upload? Or do I need some sort
of bootstrap first?

Has anyone every seen one of these machines? We're missing the
disk set from the management console (hacked solaris 2.4). I'm
more interested as running these an indiviual sparc-10 machines
rather than use the elan backplane (40mb/sec between machines),
and use the ethernet for any parallel fun we do.

I would eventually like to open these machines up to the opensource
development community for sparc/SMP work, or any other projects.

Thanx,
	natez

.Nate Gelbard
..GRAWK Developer