Subject: 4/330 serial console probs
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/28/2000 10:19:52
Hello all!
I recently acquired a 4/330 in a 4/360 case with an
extra scsi controller and an ipi-2 controller.
The 330 cpu board has onboard scsi and 4 serial ports
(labeled tty A - D. The A-port is DB25 female, the rest
are 9-pin). No framebuffer or keyboard. Now here\'s where
I need some help. I attached a PC running Reflection to the
DB25 thinking that without a framebuffer it would automatically
use the rs232 as a console. No go, nada, zip. Even sending out
breaks wouldn\'t work. So at this point I flip the diag switch on
and voila! I get text.

So, how can I interrupt the diags (they take forever) and what\'s wrong ?
The diagnostics usually fail at the first try with
(sorry, no notes) eeprom blablaa wrote x expected y looping.
Power cycling seems to help.

I\'m really a novice with Sun hw so please excuse my ignorance :)
Today I\'ll try to install 1.4.1 via network so any hints appreciated...

TIA,
--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi