Subject: Re: [OT] Making bootable disk for diskless SPARC
To: Kazuyoshi Kato(kaz-k) <kazk@yyy.or.jp>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/27/2000 13:42:54
On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Kazuyoshi Kato(kaz-k) wrote:

# First of all, apologize for the cross-post and somewhat off-topic
# question here and there.
#
# I have diskless, both HDD and FDD SPARCstation-1 here and wonder if I
# could make NetBSD bootable disk and install it as internal disk(ID-3
# disk) in it without SunOS however by Macs which are running MacOS as
# well as NetBSD...

Are you asking if you can take a sparcBSD and run it on the mac side
as macBSD?

If so, then no, as they are different architectures.

If you're asking if you can mount the NetBSD disk under MacOS, again,
the answer is no, as they are different operating systems (so what's our
excuse?).

If you're asking if you can mount the NetBSD/sparc disk under NetBSD/mac*,
then the answer is YES, as long as you're not expecting to boot from
or run any binaries from the NetBSD/sparc disk.

The same applies the other way.

# -- kaz-k

				--*greywolf;
--