Subject: Netbooting a SparcStation4
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Murphy <sean@cbrmain.cbr.nrc.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2000 11:41:31
	Good day, I'm trying to install NetBSD on a SparcStation4 (still)
and I've not got an OpenBSD system (mac68k) that I'm using as a boot
server.  I've got all the configs and filesystems set up as per the Sparc
diskless boot howto, but it seems like theres a simple problem somewhere.
When I run rarp -d on the server and try to "boot net" from the sparc, I
see the following on the server:

tanager:/export/firefly# /usr/sbin/rarpd -a -d
ae0: 0:0:94:60:d4:95
ae1: 0:0:94:61:11:fc
rarpd: got a packet
rarpd: 08:00:20:82:25:3e
rarpd: reply sent

So it looks like everythings going good, but the bootparamd never gets any
requests.  I notice that the rarpd never says that it's sending an IP like
its supposed to, just "reply sent".  I've got the ethers file with the
proper MAC address in it on the server and a corresponding entry for the
client in the server's host file.  Any idea why rarpd isn't sending an IP
to the client?

After I hit "boot net" on the client, i get Boot device: .... etc, but
nothing after that because its not getting an IP to uyse with bootparamd
on the server..

Any clues?

--Sean