Subject: re: INSTALL kernels on release branch broken?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/24/2000 10:09:43
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, matthew green wrote:

>    In any case, I fear it will only be a question of time before we cross
>    the line again. In -current already, the INET6 libc code has topped off
>    all available room in the `MD' image.
>
> this is too true.

Right. The main reason I wanted to make the INSTALL kernel smaller in
just this instance was that it would give us time to come up with a
proper solution, rather than putting the ugly `multiple boot loader'
kludge in to the tree.

Keep in mind that if we do that, we need at least three boot loaders,
one for the 0-4 MB range, one for 4-8, and one for 16-20. (This is to
deal with an IPX/ELC/Classic with 2 x 4 MB SIMMs and also an SS5 with
1 x 8MB SIMM. There may be other combinations out there too....)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org