Subject: Re: INSTALL kernels on release branch broken?
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/23/2000 07:50:51
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> In /usr/mdec, several versions of `boot' are installed....
> (This is all rather sad..)

Would it not be better to use the pax TMPDIR fix, and reduce the
size of the kernel instead? If we do come up with a better long-term
solution, having the extra boot blocks kicking around (which may
not get deleted when a user upgrades) is likely to get very confusing.
This is really not the sort of solution I'd care to let get in to
a release if we can avoid it.

If tar in 1.4 doesn't honour TMPDIR, we can always just mv /tmp to
/tmp.old and put in a symlink to /mnt/tmp.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org