Subject: hard drive recommendations or an LX
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@paclink.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/22/2000 08:54:16
I have a failing hard drive, and thought I'd relace the internal
Sun424 in my SparcStation LX, and move the 424 to the external
case...  Is there anything special I need to look for?  I was
thinking about a 9GB drive, but I know I need to watch the heat
production some...  Can anyone tell me a good rule of thumb for
what's OK, and what to avoid?

Of course, it has to work with NetBSD, but I suspect whatever I
get has a better chance of that than working with Solaris... 8-)
Normally, I'd ask for private replies, but this drive holds all my
email, ISP configs, etc. so I'm using it as little as possible
right now.  Could you send replies back to port-sparc?  (sorry to
request the group spamming like that, but I'd like to be able to
read responses from the mail archives in case everything dies.)

Jon