Subject: Re: INSTALL kernels on release branch broken?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/20/2000 19:11:51
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> Building the 1.4 release branch from 20000127 I get INSTALL kernels that
> croak on an Illegal Instruction before they get anywhere. By this I mean
> that it hasn't even finished printing the numbers while it loads the kernel
> and it bombs back to the OF prompt.

Uh...printing which numbers? The ones that print like [123+456]+768.etc.
with the spinner are actually printed by the second-stage boot
loader.

Could it be size issues? I know that the INSTALL kernel is rather
larger than other kernels. Do you have a 16 MB or a 4 MB SIMM in
the first SIMM socket on your IPX?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.