Subject: Re: Supported models (was Re: Sun 4/4xxx support?)
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/20/2000 12:21:27

Miles Nordin wrote:
> It would probably help a lot if not necessarily all, but _one_ of the
> following worked:
>  PC Card
>  serial ports
>  internal modem

Had a poke around the PRON :

  cd /obio/zs@0,100000
  .attributes
  pwr-on-auxio2		00000001
  cd /obio/modem
  .attributes
  pwr-on-auxio		00000001

So, it looks like there are bits to flip to enable the serial ports and the
modem.  So, presumably these can be enabled in zs.c and com_obio.c
respectively, although I'm not sure how the registers are attached, in order
to flip these bits.

I didn't see anything for the external mouse though.  The only mention I see
is page 3-11 of the technical manual - there is a bit that flips the
monitor/mouse mux.  However, setting this bit doesn't seem to have any affect.
I noticed that if the external mouse is moved violently, there is some affect
- either the pointer moves randomly (generally down), or a series of
'ms0: input overrun' is generated.  I also noticed that I don't always see
'external mouse attached' when it boots either (tried tpye 5 and type 4
keyboards).

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/