Subject: Re: Supported models (was Re: Sun 4/4xxx support?)
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/15/2000 08:35:10
> Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>  wrote:
>  > Here's a quick rundown... we seem to support many sparcs, with the only
>  > question being on the SPARCcluster 1, SPARCcenter 2000, SPARCserver 1000,

We do not support the sun4d architecture, which is quite different
from most of the others we do support, so no SPARCcenter 2000 or
SPARCserver 1000.  The SPARCcluster is more of a software product.  I
believe it's simply a re-badged SPARCcenter 2000, but I could be
wrong.  You really need to find out what the underlying hardware is.

>  > and SPARCclassic M.  We currently lack support for the 3 level MMU on the
>  > 4/4xx series.
>  >
>  > Any other experiences?  Specifically on the models mentioned above?
>
> I'm almost sure we support at least the Ultra1 and Ultra2 but I don't see
> them on the list below.

Ultra 2 is not supported yet.  At least not until there's an `fas'
driver.  I don't think you want to put the SPARC V9 machines in the
same list since it's pretty much a different architecture and
completely different kernel.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@netbsd.org
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me