Subject: Re: Netbooting a Sparc4 from a Linux box
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/13/2000 14:51:19
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> I'd been netbooting these machines for ages and couldn't work out what
> had broken... when I rebooted the sun4c with a kernel that did NOT have
> IPv6 enabled it all just worked again.

I doubt that that's it; I regularly run into the same problems with
bootparamd, but I recently booted a system with ipv6 enabled and it
worked just fine, eventually.

It seems every time I haven't done a netboot for a while, and I start in
on it, I get the bootparamd whoami problem. It's related to addresses,
name services and possibly one's default route; sometimes fucking about
with /etc/hosts and whatnot can fix it.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.