Subject: Re: another dumb, quick sparc64 question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/08/2000 12:17:55
>   ...and whoa...am I reading things wrong, or is the last sparc64 snapshot
> really a year old?  What am I missing here?

Yup, it's about a year old.  I keep starting on a new one and then get
sidetracked.  I was working on one a few weeks ago, but things weren't
going all that smoothly, and then I got access to a U10 to play
with, which needs a whole new set of drivers....

I still recommend just using the NetBSD/sparc userland and compiling a
new 32-bit kernel from -current.  It's much less painful than dealing
with the still broken gcc compiler.  And 32-bit NetBSD emulation is still
rather sucky.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@netbsd.org
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me