Subject: Re: more on sparc svr4 emul problem
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@ira.uka.de>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/06/2000 00:03:46
> Huh?  Alignment directives (in both .align and .common) on the SPARC
> aren't logarithmic, neither in ELF nor (unlike on the x86) a.out
> toolchains.

Somebody needs to tell the sparc assembler then...

I can reproduce this with 19991223 current on my sparcbook; "char a[48]" all
by itself in a C file leads to a .common with an alignment value of 8, and
the resulting object file has 2**8 listed for the .bss section.

This was the same sparcbook that built the 19991223-sparc snapshot, so you
can download that from netbsd.org and try it out if you want...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com