Subject: Sun4 vs. libc.so.12.54
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/05/2000 09:49:34
Been trying to get all my machines up to -current.  Successfully upgraded
the Sparc 20 and the Sparcbook to 1.4Q (Jan 26 sources).  However, the
4/330 won't upgrade.  Every dynamic executable using libc.so.12.54
segmentation faults.  The same executable is fine with libc.so.12.53.  They
all appear to die at the same point.  For example (make) :

  (gdb) bt
  #0  0x100c5c88 in _tcgetattr ()
  #1  0x100c5e44 in _tcgetattr ()
  #2  0x100c5960 in _tcgetattr ()
  #3  0x100c66c4 in realloc ()
  #4  0x1bc98 in main ()
  #5  0x264f0 in main ()
  #6  0x1afb0 in main ()
  #7  0x11488 in ___start ()

Ring any bells?

Thanks,

PS.  I have compiled a kernel (for all 3 machines) from the same sources
beforehand.

--
                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/