Subject: bpp progress
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/04/2000 00:57:37
Well, I got the bpp to send bits to the printer, tonight.  I did this
by ignoring the DMA engine and looping shoving bytes into the output
register and toggling the strobe line.  (Suboptimal, admittedly, but
slow-and-working is arguably better than fast-and-broken.)

There seem to be other problems, now; it appears to be overrunning the
printer.  (Printing graphics tends to drop out of graphics mode.)
Perhaps the way I'm testing the busy bit is broken, or
something...further investigation is called for. :)  But progress is
definitely being made.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca