Subject: Re: New Boot Load Doesn't Work on IPX
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/2000 14:27:00
> I've finally figured out the reason my IPX will no longer boot; the
> current boot loader doesn't work on it. Whether loaded from the network
> or the hard disk, it produces a `Data Access Exception' error message. An
> old 1.3 boot loader works fine.

Same problem that I've been seeing on an IPC here.  I've tried fiddling with
the boot loader to no affect.  It almost looks like it gives the error
before it gets around to executing main().  The ROM revision on this is 2.9.

> Anybody got a fix for this? I'd hate to drop Sun4c support in 1.5....

Don't think it's quite that drastic.  I've got a Sparc 2 in service running
1.4M.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/