Subject: FS: Solbourne 604 Multiprocessor Unix Box (fwd)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/2000 12:10:09
From: n1gak@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: FS: Solbourne 604 Multiprocessor Unix Box
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:17:04 GMT

This machine was recently retired because of Y2K issues
(yes - I know I COULD patch it all to work, and since I have
much of the sources, I could fix even the things that Sun didn't
have patches for - but then I wouldn't have a new computer)

For those who don't know - Solbourne was an early SPARC licensee and
made a line of multiprocessor sparc-based machines that ran an SMP
variant of SunOS 4.  In fact, at least one of the Solaris releases
(2.3?) had solbourne binaries on it, because Sun was a big solbourne
shop -- they got Multprocessing working reliably in a way that sun never
did.

This is a deskside server enclosure - and is more-or-less complete.  It
is neither light nor quiet.  Draws about 7 Amperes at 120V when running.

It's got four Series5 processors, 256M of memory, an SV SCSI Host
Adapter (two more single-ended narrow SCSI busses in addition to the
integral SCSI) and an XD753 SMD controller (if anyone even cared)

I do NOT have a head for it.

$1 or best offer.

You pick it up in Redwood City, Calif, or I will ship it to you.
Shipping will be $10,000 plus actual UPS charges.  <Hint:  I really
DON'T want to ship it, but if I say that, some bozo will still ask.>

I've got a HP 600M disk with a copy of the OS CD (OS/MP Version 4.1C) on
it (on SCSI ID 6 - you boot it as if it were the CD).

I don't read the deja  mail, so don't bother replying.  For my REAL
address

	echo 'sabaotts@abaluon.lake-shasta.abaa.us' | sed 's/aba/c/g'

--scotts

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/