Subject: Re: New Boot Load Doesn't Work on IPX
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/28/2000 01:14:11
On Thu Jan 27 2000 at 15:41:34 -0500, Curt Sampson wrote:

> Hm. This is bad news for me, because that's the snapshot I was using, too.
> I've just rebuilt from today's sources, and boot.net still gives me the
> same problem:
>
>     SPARCstation IPX, No Keyboard
>     ROM Rev. 2.6, 16 MB memory installed, Serial #2106683.
>     Ethernet address 8:0:20:b:af:1e, Host ID: 5720253b.
>

>     Rebooting with command: net
>     Boot device: /sbus/le@0,c00000   File and args:
>     13200
>     Data Access Exception
>     Type  help  for more information
>     ok
>
> What PROM version are you using? I suppose it could be something obscurely
> wrong with my hardware, but that seems a bit odd given that all the
> self-tests pass in diagnostic mode and the non-ELF boot program works ok.

I don't remember which PROM version it is, and I can't check at the
moment because I don't have any kind of console here. I didn't bother
carrying the monitor and I have yet to locate an adapter that will fit
the serial port. But throwing a randow guess, I'd say 2.3 or 2.4.

My experiences are with bootffs, dunno if that really matters.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>