Subject: Re: New Boot Load Doesn't Work on IPX
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/2000 15:41:34
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Antti Kantee wrote:

> I installed the 1223 snapshot on a IPX a few weeks ago, I had no
> problems whatsoever booting it.

Hm. This is bad news for me, because that's the snapshot I was using, too.
I've just rebuilt from today's sources, and boot.net still gives me the
same problem:

    SPARCstation IPX, No Keyboard
    ROM Rev. 2.6, 16 MB memory installed, Serial #2106683.
    Ethernet address 8:0:20:b:af:1e, Host ID: 5720253b.

    Rebooting with command: net
    Boot device: /sbus/le@0,c00000   File and args:
    13200
    Data Access Exception
    Type  help  for more information
    ok

What PROM version are you using? I suppose it could be something obscurely
wrong with my hardware, but that seems a bit odd given that all the
self-tests pass in diagnostic mode and the non-ELF boot program works ok.

If anybody knowledgable wants to debug this, I can provide access to
the IPX in question and the Classic it's attached to that is the netboot
server and is providing serial console access.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org