Subject: Re: 3/80 esp problem?
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@simon.sfsu.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/21/2000 01:11:30
	Apologies for the crosspost to port-sparc - it seems appropriate.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Jeremy Cooper wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Julian Coleman wrote:
>
> > One other thing - the 3/80 used to run 1.3.3 with the same pair of 425's.
> > No problems at all.  Did we get the Sparc esp driver for 1.4?
>
> Shortly after the branch for 1.3, the SPARC esp driver was re-worked into
> a 'chip' driver and placed in the bus-independent 'dev/ic' section of the
> kernel source.  Since then both the sun3x and sparc have been sharing it.

	I believe someone mentioned one of their problem disks was not
	liked on their 3/80 and their sparc - is there anyone who would
	be willing to look at the problem if they had such a disk?
	Assuming so, would someone with a problem disk be OK with
	shipping it? :)

		David/absolute