Subject: Re: Kernel panic on probe
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/18/2000 12:37:48
> I was updating some of my sparcs from 1.4_ALPHA to 1.4P.  One of them is a
> IPC with a cgthree in it.  This particular machine panics on boot around
> the cgthree probe.  Here is the partial boot:

> I don't think I have another cgthree around to try.  Anyone notice this??
> The kernel source I am using is 1.4P supped around mid-December.

Having just had the opportunity to try out 1.4M on two IPC's (both with
cgthrees), I can say that I notice this too.  Only I don't get the cgthree
line and a panic - it just repeats 'press b to boot, c to continue ..'
endlessly.  I'll try an older version on one (it might be later this week
before I get a chance though).

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/