Subject: Kernel for SLC
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2000 22:48:15
As PR#8535 says, NetBSD 1.4.x GENERIC kernels seem to be unable to boot on
a SPARCstation SLC.  This is a bit of a pain for me, as I haven't got
another SPARC running NetBSD to build myself a useful kernel on.  Is there
anyone out there who could do this for me?  I think I just need a kernel
without 'fdc' support, though dropping architectures other than sun4c
would also be useful.  Perhaps if PR#8535 can't be fixed for 1.4.2, such a
kernel should be supplied as part of 1.4.2 to allow people to boot it on
SLCs.

Incidentally, I tried to cross-build a kernel from a convenient Linux
system, but GNU binutils seems to be broken with respect to building
NetBSD/sparc binaries.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.