Subject: Re: bpp and lpvi
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2000 00:50:33
On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 09:13:17AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

 > On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Mark Newton wrote:
 > > > I recently acquired a SPARCprinter from a university department that
 > > > believed they'd have no further use for it (I hope they were right!).
 > >
 > >I believe they would be :-)  I think Sun EOL'ed SPARCprinters generations
 > >ago;  I can't even recall whether they brought out drivers for the things
 > >for Solaris 2.x...
 >
 >   ...and therefore it obviously can't print characters on paper anymore.
 > Better toss it in the trash fast.

How much do you want to pay for toner cartridges for a far-from-mainstream
printer which hasn't been sold for over ten years?

   - mark

I tried an internal modem,                    newton@atdot.dotat.org
     but it hurt when I walked.                          Mark Newton
----- Voice: +61-4-1620-2223 ------------- Fax: +61-8-82231777 -----