Subject: Re: bpp and lpvi
To: Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
From: me.... <crutch@aci.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/16/2000 08:19:55
Mark Newton wrote:

> Incidentally, it's been a while, but I think one of the reasons Sun
> called the printer a SPARCprinter is because it actually has a SPARC
> in it (mouse, wanna pull it apart and find out?)

the SPARCprinter has no rendering engine onboard... its all done at the
host and the host creates the image and send it down the video port (lpvi)

> If so, I wonder if NetBSD can be convinced to run on it? :-)

it should be simple...

i use Ghostscript to drive my SPARCprinter and it  works well 99%
of the time..... the other 1% is when the text is longer than 80 characters
Ghostscript just cuts it off instead of wrapping it to the next line...and
i havent looked into fixing it...

my SPARCprinter is driven from my SparcCenter 2000e.....