Subject: Re: still problems with booting NetBSD 1.4.2ALPHA on serial console
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/15/2000 16:16:08
On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# I think this has been mentioned before, but I was just fooling around
# with my old 1.3.1 SS-1 and thought I'd try the 1.4.2ALPHA kernel from
# the sparc/snapshot directory to see if it worked any better than 1.4
# did.  Unfortunately it doesn't:

What's your PROM rev?

#
# ok boot /netbsd-1.4.2A-GENERIC -s
# Booting from: sd(0,0,0)/netbsd-1.4.2A-GENERIC -s
# >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.7
# >> (pk@flambard, Thu Mar 12 12:57:35 MET 1998)

...!

That boot block looks kinda crufty...is that the most recent version of
the boot blocks?

# Note that the PROM's input-device and output-device are both set to ttya

...are you connected via serial console, or do you have an FB in there
somewhere?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: My Computer Works!