Subject: supported hardware?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Håkan Thörngren <hth@lentus.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/2000 14:15:11
Hi!

I just installed NetBSD on a Classic (ex Classic/X :-) which I would
like to have as a network resource machine.  I would like to do the
following with the machine:

1. PPP to internet, this is up and running now (yes!)

2. Attach a parallel postcript printer.  Is the parallel port OK?  It
   is listed as "not well tested", does anyone use it?

3. Attach a SCSI CD writer.  I do not own one, and have not a clue
   what makes it different from an ordinary disk?  Do I need some
   special software to produce an image or a special device or what?

4. Attach a film scanner (probably a Nikon) using SANE.  I have used
   a borrowed Nikon scanner on an ELC running Solaris and there were a
   special SCSI-direct device needed.  Is SCSI direct supported by
   NetBSD/sparc?