Subject: Re: Observations about Xsun24
To: James Graham <greywolf@captech.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/06/2000 15:12:28
James Graham wrote:

> It looks as though the bits are masks and not passes, i.e.
> 0xFF0000 will mask out the red channel (allowing 0x00ffff
> (i.e., cyan) to pass thru), etc.

  Combining this with...

> From: David C. Myers [mailto:myers@iname.com]

> I always thought that the following color definitions would apply:
>
> #define RED 0x00FF0000
> #define GREEN 0x0000FF00
> #define BLUE 0x000000FF
>
> And yet, if I blast those into my framebuffer, I actually get cyan,
> magenta, and yellow.

  So you mean that if you write 0x00FF0000 you get cyan?  Perhaps the
framebuffer uses 00 to represent a component fully on and FF to represent the
component fully off?

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/