Subject: Re: Does Xsun24 work?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/02/2000 21:51:04
>> Um, then something is wrong with either your debugging printfs or
>> the way you've hooked into the VM machinery; note that the mmap()
>> call is done on fd 6, the fd returned for /dev/fb - check into how
>> your driver handles mmap.

> Hmm.  I'll take that as an endorsement that Xsun24 actually does
> work...

That may not be wise.  I have no access to 24bpp hardware (at least not
under NetBSD/sparc), so I cannot verify it personally, and I don't run
pkgsrc X anyway.  I was just depending on the ktruss line

>    196 Xsun24   mmap(0, 0, 0x3, 0x1, 0x6, 0, 0, 0) = 270401536

On a second look, I notice len is zero in that mmap call.  This means
it probably *is* Xsun24's problem.  (Reading uvm/uvm_mmap.c makes me
think that len==0 is not a special case.)

You could always write a small program of your own to mmap the
framebuffer and scribble on it.  (I'd offer to try it myself, but it
hardly seems worth shipping the card back and forth...not to mention
that I might not want to give a nice display card back up! :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca