Subject: Obtaining NetBSD
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Ritzert <mjr@turbo.su.shuttle.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/29/1999 02:26:09
Hi,

i do not belong to the people having the priviledge of a fast and
cheap access to the internet (any more).

In order to upgade my 1.3.2/sparc box to 1.4.1 i bought the CD set
published by Lehmann's book shop.

This CD contains the basic official netbsd distribution but
unfortunately no additional packages, neither precompiled nor as
source.

So i can't upgrade all the additional stuff i've installed under
1.3.2, and --- worse --- run into severe version conflicts between old
and new libraries if i download single packages to upgrade at least
what's most important to me, e.g., windowmaker from 0.20.3 to 0.6.1.

I'd like to know if it is possible here in germany to buy a CD with a
collection of

	- precompiled packages for 1.4, 1.4K, 1.4.1 as presently
	  contained on the ftp.netbsd.org
	- same packages as source

Thanks for any help

Michael