Subject: Re: IPX Boot Problem - Data Access Exception
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/26/1999 15:12:12
On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, der Mouse wrote:

> It's a long shut, but...some SPARCstation ROM revs don't know how to
> use 10-byte CDBs.  This means that such ROMs can access only the first
> 1G of the disk.

It's only a 1 GB disk anyway, but my root partition is small (40
MB) and at the very beginning. I've also checked to make sure that
I've got all of the partitions aligned on cylinder boundaries.

It looks a little to me like this could be a corrupt boot block or
something like that, actually, except for the fact that I installed
the same boot block on the classic and it worked. And installboot
is leaving the a.out header on the boot block, as it should....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org