Subject: Re: X cards - two heads?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/22/1999 11:44:09
>> There is no reason in principle why the screens can't have different
>> resolutions, and indeed the Sun servers I've used support this (eg,
>> an 1152x900 cgsix and a 1600x1280 bwtwo).

> This works under port-sparc's X server?

I don't know.  (I assume by "port-sparc's X server" you mean "the
server built on a SPARC from xsrc".)  The only time I'm sure I've tried
multi-headed X on NetBSD/sparc, I was using the X11R6.3p1 Xsun.  Now
that I've finally gotten X11R6.4p3 to build, I expect to soon be able
to comment on how well *it* works.  (I have an IPX with its on-board
cgsix and a bwtwo (1600x1280) on the sbus...I normally use just the
bwtwo - but would have no problem hooking up a colour monitor to the
cgsix to test.)

I've never run pkgsrc X and am not likely to, largely because I think
it's rather badly broken to take XFree86 (which is basically
Intel-specific) and try to twist it back into something MI - even if
it's the XFree86 people doing it, it still means that everyone, Intel
or not, gets a server with an Intel bias.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca