Subject: Re: fas and hme support
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/19/1999 08:29:15
> 	I wondered about the current status of support for either of
> 	these? I can lend (not give unfortunately :) a hme/fas sbus
> 	card to anyone interested in working on support...

pk and mrg have been working on the hme driver.

fas is an interesting proposition.  It's an enhanced esp with a DMA
engine all rolled into one.  It should be possible to get the current
esp driver to run it if only in narrow mode.  The problem is figuring
out how to get both the esp driver and the dma driver to attach to the
same OBP node without stepping on each other.  Ideally dma should bind
to the `SUNW,fas' OBP node and force it to bind to the same node or
somehow create a phony esp node, but I can't come up with a clean
solution.

The other option is to take the existing dma_sbus.c and esp_sbus.c and
combine them into a fas_sbus.c

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@netbsd.org
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me