Subject: Re: panic, illegal instruction.
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/18/1999 01:13:28
> > Happened once when I first booted the new kernel, then a few hours into the
> > make build (soon after dependall ===> libc it turns out), it hit again. This
> > is what I got the second time.
>
> I'm thinking you might have flaky memory...?

That's what it smells like to me... it's gotten a little warmer and it hasn't
happened since... probably time to crack the IPX and re-seat everything. Plus
there's the swap-meet pedigree (or lack thereof) of this machine to consider.

Does netbsd/sparc detect parity errors clearly? Maybe I need to put a parity
module in the IPX, I don't understand why this is showing up as an illegal
instruction and not as a parity error.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com