Subject: Re: anyone used options SOFTDEP on the sparc yet?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/1999 13:22:05
On Fri Dec 17 1999 at 10:12:24 +1100, matthew green wrote:

> has anyone tried out softdep on the sparc?  i've twice now built a
> kernel (from todays, and about 2 weeks's ago's sources) and when i
> attempted to boot a kernel with `options SOFTDEP' (but nothing in
> my filesystems changed!), it seems to reliably crash doing a chmod()
> operation.  this happens on the first chmod that the chmod of pty's
> in /etc/rc does on a typical boot, however, if i change this to be
> "ktruss chmod ..." (so i see the syscalls as they happen), then it
> does *not* crash.  it will, however, die later on a chmod that is
> not being ptraced...

If it makes you feel any better, it works fine here on a SS2. I've
actually even enabled it on /usr and had no problems so far. The tree is
from somewhere about a week ago.

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o