Subject: Re: Memory for SPARCstation Classic
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/1999 10:32:53
Curt Sampson writes:
- On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- > 	I seem to recall putting a pair of 32M SIMM's in the
- > first pair of slots, and having it work just fine.  The box can
- > support a pair of 32's and two pair of 16's this way (as I
- > recall).
- >
- > 	I've seen such configurations documented elsewhere on
- > the net as well. (most likely in the SUN hardware FAQ, once
- > available at http://sun-www.picarefy.com/)
-
- This would give it a maximum of 128 MB of memory. Yet the Sun Hardware
- FAQ (now available at http://sun3arc.krupp.net/FAQ/sun.hardware.FAQ )
- documents the maximum memory of the machine as `96 MB physical.'

	Hmm..  Perhaps I am miss-remembering.  I'll have to go
play with one of my Classic/LX systems, and see if I can confirm
my memory of 32Mb SIMMs working in the machines.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	"Any field of study that has 'science' as part of it's name