Subject: Re: Memory for SPARCstation Classic
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/12/1999 22:05:24
Curt Sampson writes:
- On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- > 	It needs to be installed in pairs.  As I recall, up to
- > 32Mb SIMM's will work in the first bank.
-
- I'm under the impression that it only takes 4 MB or 16 MB SIMMs.
- Or did you mean two 16 MB SIMMs totalling 32 MB?

	I seem to recall putting a pair of 32M SIMM's in the
first pair of slots, and having it work just fine.  The box can
support a pair of 32's and two pair of 16's this way (as I
recall).

	I've seen such configurations documented elsewhere on
the net as well. (most likely in the SUN hardware FAQ, once
available at http://sun-www.picarefy.com/)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.  --  Timothy Leary