Subject: Re: Memory for SPARCstation Classic
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/12/1999 15:43:14
On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

> 	I use 70ns parity 72-pin SIMMs in mine. (the same SIMMs
> I use in my Alpha's and parity memory i386's.)

Right. Actually, you can use one-bit parity SIMMs, if you happen
to find them, but unless they're a lot cheaper, I'd go for four-bit,
since those can also be used in other machines requiring parity.

> 	It needs to be installed in pairs.  As I recall, up to
> 32Mb SIMM's will work in the first bank.

I'm under the impression that it only takes 4 MB or 16 MB SIMMs.
Or did you mean two 16 MB SIMMs totalling 32 MB?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org