Subject: Re: dd: /dev/rsd0b: Read-only file system
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/10/1999 00:30:30
On Thu Dec 09 1999 at 21:22:08 +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > Nopes, swapctl was checked also. Besides, how could the boot floppy
> > enable swap on partition I've labeled _after_ booting the floppy? ;)
>
> 'swapon sd0b' after disklabel.

Sure, but /bin/sh won't do it automagically if not told to (hopefully)

> Maybe it's because the partition is marked as 'unused' in the disklabel ?
> sd.c will refuse to open a device marked unused, unless it's the raw device.

Nopes, it's marked as swap, read the disklabel provided. Need I tell you
that I was trying to write to a raw device?

Also, I played around with this a little also today. The most
interesting result I could achieve was getting 3 records written and
after that the fourth one failed (with read-only filesystem). it's magic

--
  "Never underestimate the power of the Lite side of the \Source/"
 Antti Kantee   /       NetBSD        \  1973 <- draken   \    / o