Subject: Re: Memory for SPARCstation Classic
To: Mark Newton <newton@atdot.dotat.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/1999 09:25:48
Mark Newton writes:
- I have a SPARC classic which I picked up for a song (well - $0 is a=20
- song, innit?).  Unfortunately, however, it happens to be bereft
- of memory.
-
- What kind of RAM do I need for these things?  Looks like 72-pin SIMM
- sockets, but do I need parity?  How fast does it need to be?

	I use 70ns parity 72-pin SIMMs in mine. (the same SIMMs
I use in my Alpha's and parity memory i386's.)

	It needs to be installed in pairs.  As I recall, up to
32Mb SIMM's will work in the first bank.

-
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    Some days it just doesn't pay to chew through the restraining straps!