Subject: Re: how far has the sb3 work come?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Ritzert <mjr@turbo.su.shuttle.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/28/1999 11:15:41
Eduardo E. Horvath writes:

 > > 1280x1024?  Most Sun framebuffers - at least the ones I've seen - max
 > > out at 1152x900.  I've got a bwtwo that supports 1600x1280, and I hear
 > > colour exists at that resolution but have never seen it personally (the
 > > monitor would surely be mucho $$$, if nothing else).  I've seen a
 > > framebuffer run at 1024x768, and have seen indications that some do

Is 1024x768 supported by NetBSD, especially its X server? I'm running
NetBSD 1.3.2 on a machine with a cg3 where this resolution can be
enabled with a dip switch. I'd like to attach one of the entry level
LCD panels (which are limited to at most 1024x768) to this box.

 > > 1024x1024.  I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a Sun framebuffer
 > > running 1280x1024, though.

Well, one frame buffer supporting this is the SX, another one is the ZX,
and probably one of the most common ones is the TGX .
The ZX is not supported by Sun anymore and therefore should be
relatively cheap. Is there support for it in NetBSD?

Michael