Subject: Re: unable to boot with 256MB of RAM
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/23/1999 23:40:16
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Ken Hornstein wrote:

#
# However, I got the impression (from my "NetBSD Zen sense") that Ross
# was starting to do some work on this front, so I thought the semi-ban
# on SMP work had either been lifted or had finally rotted away.

I'm certainly not targeting Ross on this issue -- at least not
intentionally.  I'm just a bit restless at the tease of SMP over
a year ago and then...nothing.  It'd be especially frustrating if
after all this time there is nothing to show for the time waited,
because that means that we've wasted fifteen months (almost) of
potential development time.  We could have at least a bashable
prototype by now, I'm sure.

If Ross (or anyone else within us) has picked up the ball, more
power to them.

# --Ken

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: The Last Bastion of the true UNIX Religion.