Subject: Re: network interface problem
To: Urban Grena <grena@telecom.sk>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/23/1999 11:14:23
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Urban Grena wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I am running NetBSD 1.4.1 on SPARCstation LX. Among other things I have
> tried to connect it to my other machine via crossed ethernet cable. When I
> ping the other host I am getting:
>
> le0: lost carrier on UTP port
>
> It's behaving the same way on the other end (though without similar
> messages - linux box). I am sure it's not the cable (I tried it with yet
> another machine).  Anyone can help me?

I've never used an LX before, but you might have to add a "media
10BaseT" to the end of your ifconfig.  That's the way you do media
selection, so it'll make a difference if you have an AUI and a TP port.

That's just a guess, as I've never used an LX personally.

Hope that helps a bit!

-Jon Lindgren
 "Xyzzy!  You're a duck!"
 jlindgren@espus.com, yubyub@yubyub.net