Subject: Re: unable to boot with 256MB of RAM
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/23/1999 02:03:00
>David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> writes:
>
>> Every comment I've seen on the subject said 2.0 == SMP
>
>Really?  Every comment I've seen on the subject from a reputable
>source indicated that there was no plan to change the version
>numbering -- which would mean the next release after 1.5 would be 1.6.

While I can't say "every comment" has said that 2.0 == SMP, I will say
that I have had a definite impression that the 2.0 release was "reserved"
for SMP, and this impression goes back at least a year, probably more like
two years.  So I don't think it's fair to blame this on the "new" core,
as I believe this predates most of them.

I've never heard a statement one way or another recently about this
subject from core, so it's entirely possible that we're operating
on old information.

--Ken