Subject: Re: help, NVRAM battery dead
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/22/1999 05:52:40
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>  wrote:
 > What solution do I have ?
 > Remplacing the defective part can be an option, I have a pile of unused IPC at
 > work ... I just need to know what part I need to swap. I suspect it's one of
 > the 2 chips just under the speacker, at the rigth of the 2 SBUS slots.

These days, it seems I can't find a sparc in a junkpile without having to
replace the 48t02 that's in it... Thankfully, you also can't seem to go to
any webpage on the net without finding one that tells you how to replace the
nvram and reprogram it...

In fact, there's even a reference to one on our site:

	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/faq.html