Subject: help, NVRAM battery dead
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/21/1999 15:46:10
Hi,
I got a bad news when I powered up my IPC yesterday: it lost all its
nvram settings, as well as ethernet address and host id. Sigh.
I use this box mostly as a portable NFS server to bring high volume of data
from one place to another (I now have a sparc20 to compile stuffs :), so I
don't always have a console available to fix things.
As this box is mostly off is it possible that the battery is just low and
powering it up more often will fix the problem ?

What solution do I have ?
Remplacing the defective part can be an option, I have a pile of unused IPC at
work ... I just need to know what part I need to swap. I suspect it's one of
the 2 chips just under the speacker, at the rigth of the 2 SBUS slots.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>