Subject: Re: sparc LX sound support?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Koch <ingolf@knuut.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/20/1999 01:43:44
On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 04:00:13PM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> There is limited documentation on the DBRI chip in the tadpole reference
> manual.  I don't know much about the chip though.. so I cannot comment on how
> good it is.

Thanks for the information. I already have the technical
manual for the 3GX, but it contains only a rough sketch
of how DBRI/audio works. Maybe I can use some parts of
the driver for Linux, but usually I do not like to cut
and paste without really understanding what really happens
in the code. Especially if it is kernel stuff.

So maybe I can convince Lucent to send me some docs on the
chip (although they do not seem to be very interested).
--

Ingolf Koch                      Beste Kneipe in Jena-Ost
PGP: 0x7B3B5661  213C 828E 0C92 16B5  05D0 4D5B A324 EC04