Subject: Problems with NetBSD 1.4.1+ on Sparc 5
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/16/1999 06:56:19
	Hello folks.  I'm trying to keep a NetBSD/sparc 1.4.1+ system running on
an 85MHZ Sparc 5 running.  I keep getting kernel faults and alignment
errors.  This is a stalk 1.4.1 system, except that I pulled down the latest
locore.s and ccd.c files and remade the kernel.  These changes did not help
the problem.  The machine is running a 2-disk ccd striped across 2 9GB
disks and is trying to run inn.  This problem has existed more or less
since NetBSD 1.3, but is very pronounced under 1.4.1.  The machine is now
in a state where it cannot stay up more than 6 hours.  In addition, it
seems to nibble on its news spool by corrupting inodes, and otherwise
sabotaging itself.  I have it spewing kernel core dumps, but they don't
appear to be usable by gdb and dmesg won't read them.
	Any help aanyone could provide would be extremely helpful.
-thanks
-Brian