Subject: Re: Anybody know anything about the Asante EN/SC scsi?
To: None <johnr@imageworks.com>
From: None <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/12/1999 13:24:10
On 11 Nov, John Refling wrote:
> This is a SCSI box which hangs off the ethernet network.

It's sort of kind of the other way around. It is an ethernet adapter
that hangs off the SCSI bus. I think it was designed to be used with Mac
laptops. I think that SCSI was the only fast external I/O bus that some
of them had, so if you wanted to add an ethernet, you had to settle for
an ethernet box that plugged into your SCSI port.

It is quite possible that there are SCSI specs for this sort of thing.

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes, Network Manager, School of Earth Sciences
Victoria University of Wellington